Ikonopedia Release: Spring 2020
We are pleased to announce the release of new software features. This document describes the new features listed below and how to use them.
- Added "Cancel Procedure" button to Biopsy Module
- Changes "Device Details" text input behavior
- New alert about Biopsy Macros when enabled
- Adding "Priors by Year" for combined reports has been changed
"Cancel Procedure" button for Biopsy Module
We have added a new "Cancel Procedure" button to the biopsy modality. The effect of using this button will add "CANCELLED" text to the biopsy report for the specific location.
Note: This button affects each location individually. You must select "Cancel Procedure" button for each location in the list of the left that you want to cancel.
In the example report below, you can see that only one of the procedure locations was cancelled (orange circle).
"Device Details" text input behavior
We have changed the behavior of the "Device Details" text box. The text that you type here can now stand-alone as the device description or provide more information about the selected blue device button.
In the example below, the device details are shown as add-on details for the selected core biopsy device.
Example device details text: (Bard Monopty®)
Notice that the device details are added to the end of the sentence in the biopsy report seen below.
In this example, I did not select any blue device buttons to demonstrate how the device details text can stand-alone in the report.
Example device details text: Bard Monopty® 14 gauge biopsy instrument
Below, the report out put shows the stand-alone text in the device section:
Note: If you have macros enabled for Biopsy, you must first select a blue device button to invoke the macros. Example #2 above is not a good option when macros are enabled unless your intent is to override them.
New alert about Biopsy Macros
Macros must be enabled first. Biopsy macros must be enabled for your site. Please contact Ikonopedia support to find out more about setting up these macros.
Biopsy macros are invoked by selecting any of the blue device buttons. When you click any of these buttons, the macro will fire and additional biopsy exam fields are filled in automatically.
A blue reminder box will appear (shown below) when you create your first location if Macros are enabled.
Although macros can be a great time saver, auto-filled macro fields should be reviewed before signing to add pertinent content or remove extraneous data.
Please follow these rules below for effective macro use.
Rule #1 You must click the blue device button first to invoke a macro
Rule #2 If you switch from one selected device to another, the macros from the first device button are erased and the new set of macros for the second device button will be invoked. When switching devices, you are basically starting over. Please review your exam data when this happens.
Rule #3 Macros are only invoked by selecting the blue device buttons. Typing in the device details text box will have no effect on macros.
Adding "Priors By Year" for combined reports
This change mainly effects sites with exams that are configured to be "Automatically combined" and the typical workflow of priors comes from the technologists.
Summary of the change:
You can only use "Quick Add Priors By Year" drop-down in one of the combined modalities. After that, you must manually edit the prior exam dates on the second combined modality.
Combined Workflow Example:
- Combined Exams: Diagnostic Mammogram / Diagnostic Ultrasound
- The technologist opens the report viewing page for a mammography patient.
- The technologist then adds priors by selecting the "Quick Add Priors By Year" drop-down on the report page.
- These dates are inserted into the mammography report
- The ultrasound technologist now selects the combined ultrasound exam for the same patient and opens the report page.
- Ultrasound technologist decides to edit the prior exam dates in the report but notices that the "Quick Add Priors By Year" button is missing.
- In its place is the ***PRIORS BY YEAR checkbox (shown below)
This is different because the mammography technologist has already selected the priors by year in step #3 above.
- Ultrasound technologist now select ***PRIORS BY YEAR and a dialog box appears (shown below)
- Ultrasound technologist edits the prior dates in the text box and clicks the OK button to save.
Ikonopedia Release: Spring 2020 - Confidential and Proprietary