Ikonopedia will periodically schedule a system downtime to implement software and hardware updates. These downtimes are scheduled during non-business hours to minimize impact to our clients and their patients.
- Notifications of scheduled downtimes will be communicated to the IT department and/or points of contact via email or direct phone calls if email is not available.
- The IT department and/or points of contact will notify the end-users via email or phone call of the scheduled downtime and when Ikonopedia is back online.
- Please provide Ikonopedia with a list of contacts to be notified for downtimes.
In the event of an unplanned, unscheduled downtime, staff will need to be prepared to handle working without Ikonopedia and transition to paper process until Ikonopedia is available. The first step to identifying the source of the outage is to contact your internal IT help desk. They will be able to determine which service is offline, and who to contact next to get it resolved.
- Contact internal IT help desk
Gather information. Identify outage target
- Customer Internet/WAN Outage
- Communicate Internally to all impacted staff members
- Monitor and provide Communication Updates
- Customer RIS or PACS Outage
Information to Gather During Downtime
- Connect and validate interfaces
- Back fill questionnaire data
- Back fill findings and finalize reports in Ikonopedia